Summer Truffle and Wild Mushroom Linguine


After a long week getting to grips with my new job T surprised me and cooked dinner on Friday night! It was such a lovely treat, not only did I get to put my feet up with a glass of vino, he also made pasta, which is my absolute favourite thing to eat in the world. I know pasta might seem a bit boring, but I have been the pasta queen since I was a little girl (which shows no signs of fading) and he managed to get a summer truffle which makes a simple pasta dish into something really special. If see summer truffles, or winter ones for that fact, and fancy a quick, easy but really indulgent dinner, give this one a try. 

I'm still trying to get into the swing of blogging with the new job so apologies for the short post this week. I have lots of delicious things in the pipeline to share with you though, including lots of cicchetti (Italian small plates) which we made for dinner for friends on Saturday night and a few other exciting developments! 

Summer Truffle and Wild Mushroom Linguine

Serve 2

Ingredients

250g linguine
large knob of butter
150g mixed wild mushrooms
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp crème fraîche
chopped flat leaf parsley
small summer truffle
grated parmesan

Method

Boil the pasta according the packet instructions until al dente.

Heat the butter with a splash of olive oil and fry the mushrooms over a high heat, once the mushrooms are nearly cooked, turn the heat down, add the garlic and sauté for a minute until just cooked. Add the crème fraîche, parsley and season to taste. 

Drain the pasta, reserving a cup of the pasta water. Add the pasta to the mushrooms with about half a cup of pasta water and another small knob of butter. Stir well over a low heat to bring the sauce together - it should be smooth and silky and lightly coating the pasta. Serve the pasta in warmed bowls, top with lots of finely grated parmesan, ground black pepper and shave the truffle over the top.



0 comments:

Post a Comment